We’re well into the last month of the year and failure is staring me right in the face; unless I had a stellar month and completed AT LEAST two games a week it seems inevitable!
What is this Backlog Blitz all about? Well – it’s a challenge I set myself and here’s the rules for those of you with short-term memory issues (you poor bastards):
- I must complete 52 games in 2017
- The games can be ones that I have previously started or have previously completed and they can be on any platform
- Episodic games count as one game per episode
- Lengthy DLC (ie Blood & Wine) counts as a game
- Every time I complete a game I score +1
- Every time I buy a game I score -2
- By the end of the year I must finish with a positive score or I have failed the Backlog Blitz
Year Score (so far) = -20
How’d November go? Read on dear reader! Continue reading
I’m finally getting round to catching up on my post backlog (let alone making a dent in my game backlog))!
October continued the rich vein of form I had of completing games that started in September – I absolutely hammered a number of horror games in anticipation of Hallowe’en.
Recently I wrote an article about games that I hated as a kid but would greatly enjoy now (it can be found here) and it inspired me. During the recent “Only on PlayStation” sale there were hundreds of top titles (and some lower-tier ones too) that could be acquired for next to nothing. Continue reading
…are they worth it?
If you check your email that you use for your PlayStation Network this week you will most likely find a breakdown of your Play Highlights! This ranges from your online game time to your amount of games you own. Of course it includes your trophy breakdown and what is the rarest trophy you have! This got me thinking, how many of us stick with one game in order to achieve the platinum? Continue reading
Terrible French puns aside this month will be very exciting because this month is going to be all about VR (well my posts anyway)!
Ever since I got my PSVR I have been sharing my experiences with everyone I know – except you guys!
This is my way of putting right that horrific wrong.
There are many things you can expect to read this month including (but not limited to);
- VR games reviews that will focus on the things that make VR games different to traditional games.
- Reviews of VR modes in traditional games.
- Thought pieces of the VR market
- Maybe; and I do repeat maybe, some gameplay videos from selected VR titles!
Expect the first FeVRier post sometime this afternoon – but in the meantime why not read my PSVR review? It’s linked right here!
…when the fandom becomes sentient.
Today marks the day of the third annual PlayStation Experience, held in Anaheim California. They usually have a couple of surprises in store for the Sony faithful, so I thought I would have a wee stab in the dark about what I think will happen! Continue reading
…you, you’ve changed man!
So, as you all know – I was doing a bit of a Halloween challenge. Facing my fears within the horror game realm and trying to complete it before Halloween! I did manage to do it the morning off Halloween but…it left me with quite a sour after taste. Continue reading