The NPD have released the chart for the month of March and it makes for some very interesting reading indeed! As you can tell from the title Zelda outsold Horizon Zero Dawn in the US. It’s impossible to say by how many however as specific sales figures are not published. We do know that the game stands at over 100% attach rate with the Switch which means it sold well over 900,000 copies – not including the WiiU copies (that are included in this chart as one entry).
It wasn’t the best-selling game of the month however; rather surprisingly that accolade goes to…
…Ghost Recon: Wildlands! Which is officially the second best launch of a Tom Clancy game ever – behind only The Division!
Even Mass Effect Andromeda outsold Horizon Zero Dawn in March and although it (HZD) is the highest placed system exclusive you’d still expect it to outsell Zelda due to console numbers! Nintendo’s franchises are behemoths though and they just don’t quit!
It’s been an amazing month for Nintendo!
Here’s the full chart for March;
- Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Wildlands
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (physical only)
- Mass Effect: Andromeda
- Horizon Zero Dawn (physical only)
- MLB 17: The Show (physical only)
- Grand Theft Auto V
- For Honor
- NBA 2K17
- Nier: Automata
- Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare
- Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 Remix
- Battlefield 1
- 1-2 Switch (physical only)
- Resident Evil 7: Biohazard
- Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six: Siege
- Super Bomberman R (physical only)
- FIFA 17
- Lego Worlds
- Madden NFL 17