…when the fandom becomes sentient.
Today marks the day of the third annual PlayStation Experience, held in Anaheim California. They usually have a couple of surprises in store for the Sony faithful, so I thought I would have a wee stab in the dark about what I think will happen!
5) The show will open with a trailer for the remaster of the upcoming Crash Bandicoot remakes. Maybe even a small game play segment, but I think a trailer is an absolute giving!
4) Goichi Suda will take to the stage, and will talk about his new upcoming Free To Play game – Let It Die. We get a brief trailer about the different aspects of the title. Just before he walks off the stage Suda just says “AVAILABLE NOW ON THE PS STORE!” Please. I need this Suda 😦 .
3) Yoshinori Ono comes onto the stage, talking about the Capcom cup that will take place at the experience over the weekend. He tells us he has a special surprise for the Street Fighter V fans. A trailer begins to roll, new characters are on the screen doing their thing. We all start to think “SEASON TWO?” when all of a sudden, BLAM! Spider-man webs on the screen – MARVEL V CAPCOM 4! Crowd loses their minds! Yoshi walks off looking very pleased with himself, a trailer for the real SFV Season Two rolls.
2) Neil Druckmann walks onto the stage, talking about how the team at Naughty Dog have been blowing away by the response to this years title ‘Uncharted 4 : A Theif’s End” and that the team still have something else to share with us all. Stage fades to darkness, camera zooms onto screen behind him – trailer for Uncharted 4 Single Player DLC rolls. Probably a spin off tale with Sulley and Sam.
1) As Druckmann begins to walk off the stage, Andrew House comes onto the stage and starts thanking everyone for coming to the 2016 PlayStation Experience. Explains what an amazing year it has been for Sony and PlayStation fans. Drops some number of how many PS4’s are out in the wild (circa 50 million units). As he wraps up his speech, he says “Oh, just one more thing” – stage fades to black.
Plays, “The Last of Us 2 Logo” appears on screen!
Now, none of this will probably happen – but imagine just how hype this would all be! One thing is for sure, I can’t wait to watch! The PlayStation Experience Keynote will start at 6pm GMT and can be found on PlayStation’s official twitch channel or on their official website.
Let us know what you are hoping to see in the comments!